In this article you will learn:
- What effect does condition and weight have on joint diseases
- For whom the Joint & Mobility Low Calorie veterinary diet is suitable
It is extremely important not to overfeed your dog, but at the same time to provide him with complete, nutritionally-balanced food, which is absolutely essential for maintaining their optimal weight/condition.
For dogs with joint problems, it is of absolute importance to keep them at their optimal weight – more so than with any other medical condition. Every kilogram over their ideal weight has a tendency to overload the joint structure. A vicious circle is created: an orthopedic problem – pain – an unwillingness to move –weight gain – the further worsening of the orthopedic problem.
Calibra has developed a companion diet to its existing Joint & Mobility recipe: Joint & Mobility Low Calorie, which is specifically formulated for obese dogs or those with a tendency towards obesity and who also suffer from joint issues.
This reduced-calorie recipe, which features high quality protein and is enriched with L-carnitine and our Joint and Mobility Complex, helps reduce and maintain optimal weight, maintain muscle mass, and improve nourishment of cartilage and joint structures.
A mere 10% decrease in weight can have an overall improvement in the dog’s condition and their willingness to move. Reducing weight is often a precondition for successful orthopedic surgical procedures.
[#product-1378]Joint & Mobility Low Calorie veterinary diet helps obese dogs or dogs prone to obesity:
- With arthritis
- With joint pain
- After orthopedic operations
- Prevent musculoskeletal diseases
Since being overweight/obese is one of the most common causes, as well as consequences of joint problems, it is very important that the goal for dogs suffering from obesity will be achieving optimal weight. Ideal weight depends on a size of a particular breed.
Our new Joint & Mobility Low Calorie recipe is formulated for just this situation. Compared with the original Joint & Mobility recipe, it has:
- Reduced calorie and fat content
- Increased content of arctic krill - a very valuable source of Omega 3 unsaturated fatty acids with high biological accessibility and antioxidants
- High L-carnitine content, which supports fat use/burning
Both recipes are based on high quality protein sources (chicken, turkey, eggs).
High quality protein is extremely important for maintaining muscle mass
and contributes to the dog’s overall good condition.
And just like the Joint & Mobility recipe, the Joint & Mobility Low Calorie recipe contains our JOINT AND MOBILITY COMPLEX,
with a unique combination of:
- Chondroprotectives (glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, Boswellia serrata and Type I collagen)
- Vitamins and antioxidants (polyphenols and flavonoids from green tea and turmeric)
- Omega 3 fatty acids (from salmon oil, arctic krill, and seaweed)